We have been open since August 15 and would consider the enterprise to be a great success both as a business and as a service to the guests who shop and the volunteers who run the store or donate. Other than the start-up funds provided from the church resources, the store has paid its own way since day one. The feedback is that it’s a great place to shop, or work, or just hang out.
Up to this point, our service to the community has been to love on folks, grant discounts or give away inventory when appropriate. Starting in January we will be launching into a more direct service in the form of an inventory of basic household chemicals and basic toiletries.
If you would like to participate in the ministry this Christmas season, here are some suggestions:
3. Donate household items, accessories, and furniture
4. Consider covering an open shift on a regular basis. Drop-ins are always welcome. But it’s great to have a shift covered consistently
5. We need a plastic or metal utility shelf 36-48 inches wide 5-6 feet high
6. We need some construction help with some storage solutions.
7. Make a donation of small containers of laundry detergent, dish washing liquid, toilet bowl cleaner, all purpose cleaner or basic personal hygiene toiletries. No diapers, paper towels or toilet paper. We don’t have space.
8. Share this post to increase our community outreach.
All donations are tax deductible and if you aren’t local, financial contributions are greatly appreciated.
I also want to say that we would not be where we are without the leadership of Gary Huff and the significant time and wisdom and creativity contributions of Janet Galey and Leah Herring Tench and the participation of the congregation of the Gainesville Church of the Nazarene. To God be the glory, great things He has done.
Patti Dixion | Store Manager